Clearing your mind and meditation go hand in hand. But what if there was more to “clearing your mind” than just that?
Thoughts will always be constant, there is no way around it.
We as humans always have thoughts in motion…
…but when does that go to far? Keep on reading and I’ll tell you how…
Clear Up Your Mind!
Before we dig deeper, let’s find out certain parts of the brain, the importance of them and why it is the most important organ:
1. The Cerebrum. Fills up most of your skull. This part is responsible for remembering, problem solving, thinking, feeling, and also controls movement (essential for us lifters).
3. The Brain Stem. Placed beneath your cerebrum in front of your cerebellum. It connects the brain to the spinal cord and controls automatic functions such as breathing, digestion, heart rate and blood pressure.
As you can see there is strong connection between the mind and body. Let’s continue…
Mental fitness is a lot like physical fitness, if it you don’t USE it, you’ll LOSE it! Click to Tweet
Can Meditation Affect The Mind?
“Pour some water into a tub and stir it up. Now try as hard as you can to calm the water with your hands; you will succeed in agitating it further. Let it stand undisturbed a while, and it will calm down by itself. The human brain works much the same way.” – Koichi Tohei
Now that we have realized what are some of the key functions and properties of the brain or mind, let’s look into how we can control the it and start including meditation – so that it can help us mentally, spiritually, and MOST importantly… physically.
With meditation, we are progressing to get to nowhere.
you heard that right.
The purpose of meditation is to get into a state of pure silent awareness. What does that mean?
Now remember how I mentioned that the brain/mind pretty much controls the body with it’s many functions?
Well, due to the mind and body connection, when the activity of the mind decreases, so does the activity of the body. Therefore, without effort, the body will relax and rest deeply as it can be.
So what are some of the transformations that occur during this meditation process?
1. The left and right hemispheres of the brain are dramatically synchronized (which increases the clarity process throughout the brain).
2. The heartbeat slows its rate to as much as 15%, along with that our breathing becomes much slower and shallower causing the entire cardiovascular system to be in a state of rest.
3. Muscle tension throughout the body are relaxed as well (this will also benefits those that train their muscles a lot and are looking from some relaxation therapy on their muscles)
4. Stress hormones, such as cortisol are reduced significantly (helps with depression, and benefits many gym go-ers that are in the gym for too long).
5. Increases the level of ICCE (Intelligence Clarity Creativity Energy).
Something so simple and easy could have such overwhelming benefits? Well… YES!
Your mind can orchestrate a slew of different areas in your life. Your body is interconnected and closely communicates with your mind that to perform in optimal form, your mind needs to be treated like gold. My free ebook on minimalist fitness help you discover just that (which you’ll get for free if you click on the link below).
Try to clear yourself from your mind… What do I mean by that?
… Your thoughts, with meditations – the goal is to remove the clutter or chatter of thoughts in your mind and increase focus, a focus to nothing and that nothing means a whole lot. Why?
What we’re trying to accomplish with meditation is calmness – metaphorically, our thoughts are waves, constantly moving, our objective it to calm the mind and shift our focus below the top surface, where the waves are forceful and move towards the bottom – where the water is less aggressive and a lot calmer.
Let us know, when was the last time you put your overworked mind to rest?